Monday, August 18, 2008

The Warren Disappointment

UPDATE: In this video Pastor Warren contradicts himself saying both that that he thought McCain was in the cone of silence when he flatly stated it as fact - then Warren says he could not talk to McCain because he wasn't there to talk to. Huh?



I really thought Rick Warren was an independent moderator and generally wanted the Presidential forum for good rather than partisan purposes. I'm not so sure now. First, he allowed John McCain to break the rules concerning the "cone of silence". Now he gives us this hyperbolic quote slamming Obama:

For many evangelicals, of course, if they believe that life begins at conception, that's a deal breaker for a lot of people. If they think that life begins at conception, then that means that there are 40 million Americans who are not here [because they were aborted] that could have voted. They would call that a holocaust and for them it would like if I'm Jewish and a Holocaust denier is running for office. I don't care how right he is on everything else, it's a deal breaker for me. I'm not going to vote for a Holocaust denier...

No comments: