Thursday, August 28, 2008

Democratic Convention: Day 3

I have to admit that work and fatigue prevented me from seeing much of last night's festivities. I did watch Bill Clinton who beautifully articulated the difference between the parties and gave a resounding endorsement of Barack Obama. The rest I will have to catch up on. Tonight should be a remarkable evening. Barack Obama will speak to 80,000 Americans on the 45th anniversary of the "I Have A Dream" speech by Martin Luther King. I know that he will be more high minded than myself, but I hope he reminds people that while he is a product of MLK and progressives of a generation ago, John McCain did not even support the MLK holiday and comes from a party that only achieved power after absorbing the racists that once populated the Democrats. What a long way we have come and what a stark difference there still is in these United States.

No comments: