Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Presidential Horse Race 8/1/07

It's been a very busy couple of weeks so I haven't blogged as much as I might have liked. But here is one thing I have been working on - my view of the Presidential race. This breakdown is as of last week - August 1st. I will have another view (with some big changes) later this week. Then I will update this from time to time when situation warrants it.

Here is a list of the candidate in the order of likelihood they will be the next President.

Clinton
Obama
Romney
F. Thompson
Edwards
Guliani
McCain

Now here is a look at the possible match ups. The number next to the candidates name is the percentage chance I feel they would win in that match up. It is NOT a prediction of popular vote. So, for example, if Clinton faces Romney in the general election, I think Clinton has a 55% chance of beating Romney ... and so on. (As of August 1, 2007)

(55) H. Clinton v. M. Romney

(60) B. Obama v. M. Romney

J. Edwards v. M. Romney (52)
________

(57) H. Clinton v. F. Thompson

(53) B. Obama v. F. Thompson

J. Edwards v. F. Thompson (51)

_­­­­______

(60 ) H. Clinton v. R. Guliani

(55) B. Obama v. R. Guliani

(52) J. Edwards v. R. Guliani

_­­­­______

(62) H. Clinton v. J. McCain

(65) B. Obama v. J. McCain

(55) J. Edwards v. J. McCain

No comments: