Friday, August 31, 2007

Happy Friday (uh huhh)

Happy Friday everyone! Today I bring you this video from a February 1982 concert in Hamburg, Germany. I was crazy about this song by Trio at the time and lived in Hamburg that year but from May through August. I was a big fan, but never got to see them in concert. Trio was based in West Berlin - as it was called at the time - and rarely played live. In fact they were only around making records for a few years.

These days, this song is known mostly for being featured in numerous TV commercials. My memories of it will always be of hearing it on the radio all the time in Europe (it was a super monster hit) and from playing it on my "Neu Deutsche Welle" LP. I bet if you ever wanted to dig around, you can still find some other music by Trio around. Even if you don't speak a word of German, you will probably still come to enjoy the childishly simple beats and silly lyrics of this highly unusual and very entertaining band. more on Trio

No comments: