Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Right wing pressures company to pull ads


A few weeks ago I saw this and changed my dressing patterns. I have always loved wearing scarves. In Florida I really never did so because, even in Tallahassee, it never got cold enough. But in the winter here I wear them all the time and when I read that there were Summer scarves to be had I jumped on it! Two weeks ago I bought a pair of scarves like the one Rachael Ray is wearing in the picture here. I love them and wear them out all the time. I've also come to notice that a lot of folks doing the same, especially tourists from Europe and Scandinavia. It's all good! Right?
Well, of course from the great minds from the right wing come complaints that the scarf is "too middle eastern" and they bullied Dunkin Donuts into pulling the ad. Now I feel like I have to hate DD (but I love them) and I really hate the mindlessness that has taken over this country. Oh - I packed my scarf today and will wear it later tonight. To hell with the retards that get pissed.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I could not believe it when I saw the story today online. I have seen much more controversial/offensive/stupid commercials on the air that have not gotten pulled. Amazing...