Wednesday, May 7, 2008

His Time Has Come

It was a great night for Barack Obama. He creamed Hillary Clinton in North Carolina and is much, much closer in Indiana than expected. I think this might finally be the end of the Clinton campaign. Watching her speak I could see sadness on the faces of Bill and Chelsea - I think they know. The most indicative clue is the fact that she cancelled all her Wednesday appearances. She's on the way out.

I think the turning point of this weeks contests was the gas tax proposal Clinton joined McCain on. Voters saw that as pandering and it reminded them of the 'politics as usual' BS that they want to see go. Think of it - a presidential candidate refused to back an immediate tax holiday and benefited! If true, it tells me that people are thinking on a different level than they have in my the past. We're thinking things through. We are looking beyond our initial impression. We're remembering broken promises that sounded so good but proved to be meaningless or worse. It's time for change and Barack Obama's time has come.

No comments: