Thursday, May 31, 2007

A Rod: The New Say "Hey" Kid

I was watching the Yankee game last night and really got a kick out of this. Alex Rodriguez was running to third when the Toronto shortstop settled under a high pop up ready to catch the ball for for out number 3. A Rod yelled "hey" as he ran behind him, distracting the Blue Jay who backed off the ball, letting it drop and starting a rally for my Yanks. The Blue Jays were livid saying A Rod's move was "Bush" league.

Here's my take. First, how appropriate that "Bush League" is the term for shoddy, unprofessional behaviour. Second, I admit it was kind of a cheap stunt. Finally, Since I am a Yankee fan, I loved it! I can completely understand why Yankee haters are in an uproar about this. You don't expect that kind of behavior in the MLB and especially with the Yankees. But I admit that I am biased, unfair and inconsistent by saying that I thought it was a great move and a stroke of near genius by Rodriguez. Nice job A Rod.

No comments: