Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Tammy Faye Bakker is very ill and I'm sorry to hear that. I remember her rise to notoriety on one of the original televangelists shows - the PTL Club. Her husband Jim would preach and ask for donations and she would cry. Oh boy would she. Her mascara ran down her face like a clown and people loved it. But then Jim landed in jail and she became a national joke for very long time.

I'm sure I made many jokes about Tammy Faye over the years until I saw her on the reality show ‘The Surreal World’. In it I saw a sweet, warm and caring person. I was surprised. Everyone in the house came to love and admire her.

I'm glad that Tammy Faye had a chance to give some depth to her story. She seemed like a genuine person with a good heart.

Here is a REAL commercial shown on the PTL club.

No comments: