Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday Roundup

Anyone who knows me knows that I hate to wait. If I see a line that looks too long or seems to be moving too slowly I will walk out of an establishment. Whether or not I have the time is not the issue, I just don't have the patience. So you can imagine my frustration at spending all day today trying in vain to buy All-Star Game tickets. I don't know if it is Ticketmaster, the Yankees or Major League baseball - but what a freakin' mess. Hours worth of effort and I couldn't even get a CHANCE to buy any tickets. And I'm supposedly a "preferred" customer. Arrrrrrrrgg. I just got an e mail from the Yankees apologizing for the problem which they claim was "beyond their control" Oh, they are sold out now too.

I got a Bluetooth for my phone and of course could not set it up. A few people at work tried to help me but it still didn't work. So I walked across the street to get the people who sold it to me yesterday to help. They would be happy to - for $15!!! One of the skills I have developed in New York is being the loud and angry customer. If you want something in this city you have to speak up to get it. After about 5 minutes of a loud temper tantrum one guy hooked it up for me (he said). It seems to be working now.

I still haven't gone back to Dunkin Donuts yet even though they built one (amazingly fast I might add) RIGHT next to my subway station. Bastards!

Got my tickets to go to Miami. I will look into getting Marlin tickets in the next couple of days. I will be in contact with those of you who said they were interested in going. Anyone else wanting to go let me know. I bet it will be easier to see the fish than the All Stars. Also, our seatmates for the regular season Yankee games are selling their "Final Game Ever" tickets for $350 each. Good price but I would want more. Much more. My e mail is located at the top left of this page.

My VP picks are already looking shaky. Democrat Mark Warner has said he is taking himself out of contention to run for Senate. He could change his mind, but with so many good possibilities on the Democratic side, it hardly seems worthwhile to try to convince him otherwise. My GOP pick, Bobby Jindal, has gotten an endorsement for the position by none other than Newt Gingrich. Not sure if that will help or be the kiss of death.

No comments: