Saturday, June 28, 2008

Amy and Nelson: Together At Last

My favorite, Amy Winehouse, made it out of the hospital and one of her regular health scares to perform last night in London. I'm glad to see she is doing better. I'm also thrilled that Nelson Mandela has reached the ripe old age of 90. As I wrote about back in 1999 and 2000, if it was up to Dick Cheney, Mandella would still be in jail. If you are not familiar with the history check it out. As I warned then, for Dick Cheney to go out on a limb and stand nearly alone in voting against a Congressional condemnation of Mandela imprisonment, showed me (correctly I might add), that Dick Cheney is an inherently mean spirited man, unworthy of public office. Ooops. Too late. Anyway good for Amy for making it to yesterday and good for Mandela for overcoming the closed minded hatemongers in his own country, and in ours.

No comments: