Friday, April 27, 2007

Happy Friday News Roundup

I haven’t had much time to blog this week but here is a news roundup for your very own Happy Friday.



It's so inspiring to see Stephen Hawking floating around in zero gravity. Nearly completely paralyzed because of Lou Gehrig’s disease, Hawking has done groundbreaking work in Astrophysics. Now he hopes to travel in space. Thursday’s first run was characterized as a huge success. story

Check out this funny video I found that took the clip of Bush's dancing the other day and put it to a funky James Brown jam. It's one of the few times that W has made me laugh. He looks uncomfortable but that’s one part of his job where he can do no harm. So it is good to see him sorta let loose. Maybe he should dance more often.



I watched the Democratic debate last night. Brian Williams, the moderator, asked some really pointless questions and with 8 candidates there was little time for them to really elaborate on anything. I think Obama and Hillary did well. Richardson has some strong moments. Kucinich and Gravel are kind of out there but made some good points. Dodd blended into the background while Biden screamed for attention. Edwards was less dynamic than I expected and if I forgot anyone then that tells you what I thought of their performance.

The Yankees lost again last night for the 6th time in a row. Boston visits this weekend and I have tickets for Saturday and Sunday. I hope we can bounce back. We have so many injuries now including our best pitchers so it is going to be a challenge.

Finally, I have been following one story with urgent interest. The only thing is that whenever I tell people what I know they beg me to stop because it too depressing. Since it’s a Happy Friday edition of MQAblog let me accentuate the positive and simply assure you that I’m keeping an eye on the bees.

No comments: