Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008

I think just about everyone is glad to see 2008 go. Ironic that one of the greatest events of our lifetime, the election of an intelligent, non dogmatic person as President, happened during this miserable year.

They say that the worst of times can bring out the best or the worse in people. I have seen both this year. I have seen strangers get closer because of the common bond of uncertainty, and I have seen people take advantage of the dire situation. As for myself, I have changed a lot in 2008. By seeing the worst and the best of people I have also expanded my own personality and behavior. This year I have seen many surprising successes while enduring some painful failures. No year before has had such dramatic ups and down. I end this year battered and bruised but still alive and still enthusiastic for the future.

In 2009 I hope to blend the best of the "new" Mark - focused, driven and aggressive while bringing back some of the "old" Mark - thoughtful, compassionate and true to myself. If I can accomplish that in any significant way over the next twelve months then 2009 looks to be a much better year. I wish that for myself and for all of you!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

2008 was indeed an interesting year. You have to keep one eye on the future while living for today. Live, laugh, love!!