Sunday, October 5, 2008

Picture of the Day

Barack Obama poses for a picture with the Marine Junior ROTC members after a rally at Memorial Stadium at Asheville High School in Asheville, N.C. Sunday.

One thing that I have not written about is how I think the Presidential election will effect our military. I believe that if Obama is elected MORE young people will join the Armed Forces than any time in our recent history. I know that young people are just waiting for a chance to serve this country. Many of them (and their parents) would never consider the military under the reckless stewardship of George W. Bush. Similarly, I think that a president McCain would hurt recruitment in a big way. We'll have to wait and see, but from the look at these ROTC students, they seem very willing to serve a President Obama. I really believe that, if called on to serve by Obama, young people by the tens of thousands would gladly answer the call.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to report that I have prompted my family to register to vote for this Presidential race. Now the trick is just getting them to vote. Come November Alaska will have a few more voters for Obama. Might not be enough. But you never know!