Monday, February 4, 2008

PERFECTVILLE: POPULATION 1

If I really started writing my thoughts about how good I feel about the Giants winning last night I would go on for hours. I would talk about listening to the 1972 Dolphins on the radio as they marched to perfection. I would reminisce about watching Super Bowl VII and freaking out when Garo bobbled the blocked field goal. I would tell you about how I got to meet Mercury Morris in 1982 when he was serving time in prison and I was a young intern there. I would tell you about how my dad looked like Garo back in the 1970's and how kids at school would ask for his autograph during Father/Son days. I would tell you about the 1972 perfect season book that I have cherished all theses years and stumbled across at my parents house over Christmas (I could not bear to look at it - fearful about the Pats*). I would tell you how the 1972 championship was one of the highlights of my childhood and even my life and I would share with you just how much holding on to this record means to me. No, I won't get into all that. It would just take too much time.

No comments: