Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Doomed Dolphins Drown

I finally got to the watch the Dolphins on TV last night but the result was another loss. I really can't fault the team too much as the game was played in terrible conditions and they only lost on a last second field goal. It really could have gone either way. The Dolphins, in addition to being one of the weakest and most injury riddled teams in the league, also seem to be the unluckiest. But luck happens in cycles. It may not be until next year, but I am hopeful that the Dolphins will have some good luck soon, start stitching together a series of victories and return to it's past glory. It didn't happen last night, but one day it will.

It also reminded me of the last Dolphin game I saw live. (around 1992?) It was against Pittsburgh and also in a driving rain. It was a bizarre day as all of South Florida was sunny but one storm cloud parked over Joe Robbie Stadium and it poured for about an hour. As I remember it, we were winning before the rain and had fallen hopelessly behind once it had stopped. That is just one of many "classic" losses in Dolphin history.

No comments: