Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Palin Speech

I thought the speech was good but not spectacular. She seemed like a corporate presenter but did not come across as a potential commander in chief. I think she'll get good reviews at first but the concerns will return. The one thing that really stuck out to me was the complete lack of electricity between McCain and Palin when he joined her on stage. They not only didn't seem close, they didn't seem to even like each other. John McCain seems uncomfortable with her and she seems uninterested in him. Very, very odd. Thinking about it through the lens of my Megalomaniac Theory, I wonder if she has out mavericked the old maverick. Is he having buyers remorse because she doesn't play second fiddle well. After all, McCain never did, did he?

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I started watching the speech, but quickly got bored with it. She sounded like a doting mother (not a bad thing)running for PTA president. I dont think SHE realizes what she has gotten herself into.