Monday, March 26, 2007

This is kind of creepy

OK. So right wingers want to ban gay marriage. Personally, I think a ban on Conservatives marrying would probably do more good for the country - but who am I to prevent others from doing what they want. So I do not call for a ban on this latest craze in Red America - vows between fathers and daughters - but I will say that I find it a little creepy.
But there is no groom and the girl in the long gown is no bride. She's daddy's little girl, there to take a vow of chastity. The highlight is when the fathers and daughters exchange vows, with dad signing a covenant to protect his daughter's chastity by living an enblemished life and the daughter promising not to have sex until marriage. Many fathers at the ceremonies also slip "purity rings" around the finger of their misty-eyed daughters or offer them "chastity bracelets" and other jewelry that the girls can entrust to their husbands on their wedding night. more

No comments: