Thursday, March 8, 2007

But, Don't Call him a hypocrite

In fact, Newt thinks it was kind of noble of him to pursue the Clinton Impeachement while he simultaneously engaged in an extra marital affair himself:
"I drew a line in my mind that said, 'Even though I run the risk of being deeply embarrassed, and even though at a purely personal level I am not rendering judgment on another human being, as a leader of the government trying to uphold the rule of law, I have no choice except to move forward and say that you cannot accept ... perjury in your highest officials."

Most pundits are saying this kills any chances Gingrich had at the Presidency in 2008. I don't buy it. Those who like Gingrich, despite his already well known life of immorality, clearly have no concept of hypocrisy.

No comments: