Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What a game!

All Star games can often be very boring affairs. That certainly was not the case last night. I watched all the festivities and every one of the 15 innings from the comfort of my bedroom just a mile or so from the Stadium. It was great to see the old baseball greats and it was touching to see George Steinbrenner come out at the end. The game was really exciting. Even though it was about 5 hours long - the game itself moved t a brisk pace - it just lasted 15 innings. When the AL finally won I cheered and went to sleep. I can only hope now that the Yankees get to the World Series to get to take advantage of the home field advantage. Last night also made me even more excited about the very last regular season game at the Stadium in September. It will certainly be a bitter sweet night saying goodbye to The House That Ruth Built.

No comments: