Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Eliot Mess

I have been working even more than normally so haven't gotten into the whole furor involving my Governor. Here are some quick thoughts...
-- If none of the tabloids used my headline "Eliot Mess" then shame on them for their lack of creativity. I'm guessing it is the most used headline but since I haven't see it anywhere I decided to use it myself.
-- I really don't care if someone uses high priced prostitutes. When it comes to sex scandals it is the hypocrisy (typically of right wing politicians preaching morality) that I criticise.
-- Spitzer did prosecute prostitution when he was Attorney General of the state. Pretty hypocritical.
-- Spitzer did run for Governor on cleaning up NY State government. Also, pretty hypocritical.
-- This is, by my count, the third controversy in 2 years for Eliot. Too many too soon.
-- I think he should resign for all those reasons.
-- Those outside of new York may not know that our Lt. Governor (soon to be Gov?) is not only African-American but he is also BLIND! I'm guessing that's a first in US History. (mandatory tasteless joke about the blind -- Lt. Governor Patterson has lost his sight ... but not his vision!

...................... now back to work

No comments: