Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Barack Obama: A More Perfect Union

I’m feeling sick today so while I have the time to write, I don’t have the energy. But briefly, I think the Obama speech on race was brilliant. He perfectly explained himself. He did not agree with all the comments of his pastor, much as we all don’t agree with the comments of friends and family’s all the time, but Obama still embraces the faith and hope that he gained from his church.
Barack Obama is truly the first 21st century politician. He talked to the American people as if we were intelligent adults capable of seeing things beyond one dimension. I hope enough people are able to follow him. Simple mindedness has ruined this country and given us a moron as President and elevated hate mongers like Rush Limbaugh to iconic status. Barack Obama is trying to explain the world in all it’s complexities. I just hope that enough Americans are able to understand his message and move away for the bumper sticker politics that has the United States on the verge of irrelevancy.

No comments: