Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy Friday!

Everyone is travelling now. You can see just how amazing it looks here. Here's a good song to sing on the road. Be safe. Happy Friday.

UPDATE: I didn't watch the whole video until this morning. I found it very interesting that Roger Miller, who I always considered a pretty straight laced guy, seemed to be tip toeing - ever so gingerly - into the counter culture movement of the time. Notice how he yells out "hippie" at one point and seems ill at ease at the reaction he gets. Even more surprising to me was the final line of his second song which he changed the lyrics to call cops "the fuzz". It seems so odd to see a short haired, suit wearing guy say that, but more than that the audience reaction again seemed to catch Miller by surprise. I wonder what was going through his head at the time. It seems to me that he wanted to be part of the emerging counter culture - figuring it would help his career - but didn't feel quite comfortable doing so.

No comments: