Thursday, September 6, 2007

We Loved Luci'

Luciano Pavorati has died and the world has certainly lost a legend. I'm not a big opera fan but I do have fond memories of Pavoratti. He was the keystone in the opera trio "The Three Tenors". Their concert was a staple for Public Television fundraisers in the mid and late 90's and it was one of the first programs I had to fund raise for when starting my Public TV career. At that time I REALLY didn't know about opera so I stammered over the names of the other guys, but somehow I knew Pavarotti. If memory serves me right - it was he who I focused on during those first hours on the air, saying his name anytime I wanted to sound knowledgeable about opera. I got to watch the Three Tenors concerts many times over the years and eventually learned all about the other Tenors, but it was Luciano Pavarotti who I always appreciated the most. Not only for his awesome talents, but also for being there with me at the beginning introducing me to the world of opera and to the world of TV Broadcasting.

No comments: