Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday Morning Roundup

Went to Shea Stadium Saturday for the first time to see the Mets play. It was OK but definitely not the same as going to Yankee Stadium. Not to seem too biased but just about everything is better in the Bronx. The Stadium is nicer, you are closer to the field. The fans are better - Tom Glavine was throwing a perfect game for 6 innings but you would have never known from the fan response. Those who bothered to show up (although the Mets are doing great this year, the stands were at least 1/3 empty) they were not really that much into the game! The concessions - while a little cheaper were harder to find and almost non existent in the stands (Although the personalized "Mets Budweiser" bottles were pretty cool). Basically visiting Shea was like going to a big park to watch a baseball game being played verses going to "The Stadium" where you really become part of the Yankee experience. I'm glad I went but it really just made me appreciate the Yankees so much more.

I tried to watch the MTV awards last night but it was a mess. I have been reading about how they were going to revolutionize the show - but it fell flat. Britney Spears opened the show and was just horrible. Everything else I saw over the next hour or so was almost equally as bad. Back to the drawing board MTV.

We decided to just stay in yesterday and order dinner in. We got the Dominoes "Brooklyn style" pizza. It was great actually and I recommend it.

Big Brother 8 (USA) is winding down and another year of being addicted to the show is finally coming to a close. What's made it more of a nuisance is the fact that they have, for the first time, a live show every night from midnight to 3am on the network Showtime Too. It is simultaneously memorizing and boring ... if that makes any sense. Anyway there is a guy from FSU still left in the house and apparently it's someone I somewhat know. He looks familiar and people back in Tallahassee tell me that he has hung out with us many times. Even though I only barely remember him I'm still rooting for Zach.

The Dolphins lost their first game yesterday. The lack of coverage up here is frustrating but if they have another poor season I may be thankful that they are almost never on TV here in New York. The Yankees are doing well right now and lead the Wild Card race. Keep it up guys!

Summer is hanging on here. It was blazing hot at the Mets game on Saturday and the 80+ degree temps continue. I'm guessing only for another couple weeks though. My sweaters, jackets and hoodies are ready to go.

Have a great week everybody!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Mets sucked through and through... The website doesn't even work to retrieve our "Fan Photos" and I'm not even a fan. And due to their lack of vendors and ability to take VISA, I was unable to get my 7th inning beer... Refused alcohol @ a baseball game! Yankee stadium is the way to go from here on out! :D :D :D