Friday, November 14, 2008

Song of the Day: "Paper Planes"

I have been hearing this song at work for the past couple months and I think it's brilliant. They sample a great song from The Clash which immediately caught my ear. Plus, it's very catchy, very sarcastic and has a touch of anarchy mixed in. Oh yeah, Rebel Music. It's got a fun - almost childlike rhythm to it - so much so I can imagine kids jumping rope to it on the street. Finally it deeply reflects two of my favorite cities showing New York City in the video and using London slang and attitude throughout the lyrics. This song by the muti-ethnic group M.I.A. is certainly a good way to kick start a Happy Friday.

M.I.A.
Paper Planes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent taste in music as always ....MIA has been a fav of mine for a while, your taste in music is as conservative as mine your Bro Rob

Brenda said...

pass the dutchie........LOL